X-Ray 2D-3D Registration (How to set Cone-beam-geometry for each X-ray shot?)

I generated some DRR shots of my CT scan. Then I saved them locally and read them again to simulate the workflow for if I had fluoro shots of the same CT. I’m trying to manually input the Cone-beam Geometry for my projections. I noticed I could I only input one set of Cone-beam geometry for my two shots of AP and lateral DRR shots. How do I change the cone-beam geometry separately for each shot? I followed the advice of this topic: x-ray-2d-3d-registration-how-to-register-and-fusion-the-image.

I also noticed when I export Cone-beam Geometry then load it I get different values. What is the correct way to export and load Cone-beam Geometry?

Thank you for all the help in advance!

Hi Albert,
As you adjust the ConeBeamGeometry manually, you’re updating the the global parameters of an acquisition. Currently, per-frame parameters are handled by matrices provided by user instead of manually inputting them in the Cone-beam Geometry.
I would suggest you either edit the geometry parameters individually for each frame, then combine them later for the registration.
Or: storing your geometry in a form of projection matrix following OpenCV convention (as you can also find in the link you attached). If I understood it correctly, what you meant by “export Cone-beam Geometry” was to use the “Export” feature we provided in the “Cone-beam Geometry” and reload the matrices with “Load matrices”. In that case please make sure the check “Use matrices” enabled, otherwise, the geometries won’t be displayed/made use correctly.

Kind regards,
Van

Reload the matrices:
After having “Use matrices” enabled, the projections seemed mostly correct except for the size of the detector was very off. The original detector size was 300mm ,after loading it became 1024mm which was the dimension of the generated projections not the original detector size

Hi Albert,

Which format did you save the shots as?
Please try to use ImFusionFile format (.imf) so the detector size can be stored along with the image data. The imf format is also convenient once you have the matrices loaded and you can save the images with their geometry information for the later usages. The detector size (mm) is set to image size (pixel) when we cannot find such information upon loading the image.

Kind regards,
Van