Wrong projection?

Hi, i finally made it in aligning the cameras, but as you can see there is something strange… the final scan is projecting the hands on the body… have you came across this before? also the face area is very strange… i am using 3 D435 cameras and recfusion demo.

Greetings
Orlando Nóbrega

Hey Orlando,
one step further!
In general you can play with our retexturing to improve the texture quality as described here in the section Keyframe preview.
Have you tried that out?

All the best,
Alex

Hi Alex!

Yes i have done the re-texture, and the image you see is after applying re-texture, i am a bit lost here i have tried all the combinations possible and this keeps happening…

Greetings
Orlando Nóbrega

Hey Orlando,
in order to get closer to the core of the issue. You might again want to make sure the individual calibration is ok. To do so, you could check the pointcloud preview(after multisensor calibration or for each sensor individually) and check if the color nicely aligns or if there appears some “spilling” on the background. If spilling appears it might be bad factory calibration of the sensor.

Best regards,
Alex

Thanks a lot Alex will try that!

Greetings
Orlando Nóbrega

Hi Alex, after testing what you said the result was more or less the same… so using one camera this is the result… is this normal after using all the presets no acceptable result was created! could the camera be defective? or is this the best the D435 can archive?

Greetings
Orlando Nóbrega

Hey Orlando,
so regarding your results with a single sensor, I would suggest you to save your project (File->saveProject ) after scanning, such that you can reload it and play with the settings.
Your images look like the keyframe selection for retexturing is not optimal, such that you have to reselect the keyframes manually. In order to do so, go to Keyframes and step for each Camera through the corresponding frames. With the checkbox unselect the frames that are showing the face, only keep a reduced number of frames for the face(maybe one front and the other two from the side). Then rerun the retexturing. This should remove such artifacts like the one which can be seen in the face.
In general you can play arround with the keyframes used for retexturing and unselect them as you like to optimize your texture.

For the multisensor setup the very same problem might have appeared. Try to play arround here with the re-texturing as well. A further problem might be that the person could have moved the arms slightly in the multisensor setup, such that such artifacts appeared. So make sure the person is not moving during scanning.

I hope this might help to improve your texturing results.

Kind regards,
Alex