RecFusion 2.0.8 bug in versions 2.0.6-2.0.8

Kinect v1 sensor (Microsoft Xbox 360 Kinect) is not recognized in versions 2.0.6-2.0.8.

in addition, the new version lost export to the mesh Wavefront Object (UV texture)(*.obj)
and the function on the F4 button does not work

in version 1.8.6 (July 26, 2019) it works.

Dear Natali,

we will look into the problem with Kinect v1.

Regarding the export of obj with UV texture - in the new version the texture will be saved automatically if you select .obj or .ply and if your mesh has a texture. To generate a textured mesh you can do the following: after the reconstruction, in the post-processing step you can perform “Re-texture” which will map the captured keyframes onto your mesh. If you then save such mesh in .obj or .ply format, the texture will be saved with it. However, if your mesh only has vertex colors and no texture, it is not possible anymore to save it as a mesh with texture.

F4 function should still work. Just press F4 and click in the depth view to specify the line end points for performing the mesurement.

Thank you for your feedback!

Best regards,
RecFusion Support

1 Like

I downloaded the previously recorded sequence and performed the reconstruction.
In such an example “Re-texture” - does not create UV
Does this mean that previously recorded sequences (old versions) will not work properly?

Hello Natali,

“Re-texture” should work with recorded sequences as well. Could you maybe send us the sequence for which it didn’t work? Then we can investigate the problem.

Best regards,
RecFusion Support

1 Like

Hello Olga,

OK. Here is the link to the archive:

The fact is that the program cannot show key frames.
The program considers them. The long sequence has more key frames. But none of all key frames can be seen.

The F4 button should only work after the sensor is connected or the sequence is open. In version 2.0.8, when a button is pressed, the program crashes.
no button lock - it should be blocked until the sensor connection

Best regards, user

Hello Natali,

we’ve been able to reproduce all of the issues that you reported. We will introduce fixes for these issues till the end of this week and will let you know when the new version is available. Once again thank you for the bug report!

Best regards,
Olga

1 Like

Hello Olga,
As I guess, it is key frames that will be involved in creating the texture map UV.
There is still a small question. What is the point of viewing these frames if editing is not available?
Whether you can add the ability to control the selection of frames? For example, move selected frame to the previous or next, add, delete, edit before applying the frame to the 3D mesh?
Thanks!
Best regards, user

Hello Natali,

you are right, currently the keyframes can be viewed only for the purpose of understanding of how the texture was “assembled”. In the future release we plan to add some reasonable functionality to it: exactly as you suggested, we plan to introduce the editing possibility.

Best regards,
Olga

Hello Natali,

today we’ve released the new version which should fix the problems that you’ve reported. You can download it from our website (https://www.recfusion.net/index.php/en/download). Please let us know if you run into some issues.

Best regards,
Olga

1 Like

Hello Olga,
Yes. The kinekt is initialized. But the choice of a different resolution does not work (ignores my choice).

At the moment, the only way is to record a sequence in the old version to open the recorded sequence in the new version.
Only in this mode I was able to check the overlapping texture UV.
I am not satisfied with the result.
Unfortunately, the kinekt has too poor factory calibration. And your program has no way to fix it.
Textures are applied too crooked.
I probably will have to use photogrammetry.
Thanks!
Best regards, user

Hello Natali,

we will check the issues with Kinect settings and will get back to you. Thank you for your input!

Best regards,
Olga