.obj export example

First of all, I would like to introduce myself. We are Innovae, a technology company that develops solutions based on Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.

Currently, we are developing a volumetric project with multiple cameras where we scan a person and place him/her in a virtual environment. While considering this idea, we have come across your solution which we find very interesting. We have been testing the tool in the test version, and we see that it has possibilities.

Unfortunately, we cannot export a model (in this test version) to see if it would work in our project. We comment this point because we have tried other solutions, and the format or file that exports, are not compatible with our technology already developed.

That is why, we would like to know if you could provide us with an example (.obj with UV texture) of export so we can see if it works in our application or not?

Hello,

you can download a sample from here: www.recfusion.net/downloads/samples/D415_person.zip.

Best regards,
Olga

Hi Olga what resolution is the sample file, looked kind of low rez?

Kind regards
/Ola

Hi Ola,

the resolution is around 4 mm

Best,
Olga

Hello Olga!
How do you calculate resolution?, I’ve looked at the model in blender, and included it here, if resolution is 4mm there should be more definition around the ears, eyes and mouth.
So you must be calculating resolution in another way, I am curiuos how?.

Kind regards
/Ola

Hello Ola,

I just checked the average size of triangles (i.e. their edges)

Best regards,
Olga