Maximum volume resolution

Hello,

I tested RecFusion and RecFusion Pro with a single camera. The maximum volume resolution is 768 voxels in both programs. Is there a way to set it higher than that? Should I use SDK to do it?

best,
SK

Hey Seungbum,

yes this is the maximum resolution that you can set through our application.
Technically through the SDK you could set lower ones, but consider the following:

1. Higher resolutions impact the performance significantly due to higher costs for the rendering of depth(and color) images from the reconstruction volume for tracking. (Your CPU, GPU etc. need to be cabable enough)
  2. RecFusion was optimized for body scanning and structures that are roughly that size. I.e. scanning objects the size of a motorbike helmet (like in our samples) is also no problem. But for example scanning some cutleries might already (depending on the sensor) touch the border of what is possible.
  3. Many sensors are just not that precise. For example the Orbbec Astra Mini S (which tend to be some of the best ones we support in terms of depth precision) specify a depth precision of 2mm. With our body scanning volume of size 70x200x70 and a resolution of 768 voxels we achieve a resolution of 2.6mm, i.e. going much more granular would just not make sense.

Best,
Alex

Hey Alex,

Thank you for your kind reply. I have one more question for clarification:
Is the 2.6 mm you mentioned derived from 2000 mm / 768? If so, does this mean the resolution is 2.6 mm in all three directions?

Best,
Seungbum

Hey Seungbum,

you are very welcome!
Yes this is correct and we use a cube as a voxel, i.e. the resolution is the same in all directions.

Best,
Alex