Importing label maps

Hi, I am trying to import label maps done on another machine to a specific frame on a video, however whenever I try this it imports to frame ‘1’ automatically. Is there any way to load the map to the frame number I need?

Also, when exporting .nii label maps, if you are to import them, they are done so in a completely different orientation; is there any reason for this?

Hi Oscar,
to be able to help you, could you please share with me how you export data/labelmaps and then import it back into ImFusion Labels?
Best,
Federico

Sure - thanks:

I umport by selecting the ‘-labels’ file on the selected video, by scrolling to the correct frame and using the ‘import’ function from the dropdown.

I use the above settings to export

Hi Oscar,
please try deselecting the “Export only labelled images of multi-image datasets” and (optionally, depends on your preference) the “Split multi-image datasets in separate files” checkboxes, as shown in the attached image. Then you can import only the “*-labels.nii” file and the annotation should be at the right place.
Best Regards

Hi, I have tried both of these things and the labels are imported in a completely bizarre orientation (this is the same as they are exported, which is different to what is on my screen - I have tested this by opening the labels files in other software (ITK snap)). Please can you advise, as this is a huge issue for my work?

To give a perspective, this is what is annotated on the screen:

vs what the label map presents as:

This is using the settings you have suggested above

Hi Oscar,
indeed this seems to be a Bug with our Export functionality. We will fix this ASAP and send you an updated Installer for you Academic Package.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best Regards,
Federico

Hi Oscar,
as promised you can find the latest Academic Installer here https://forum.imfusion.com/t/latest-academic-installers-including-labels-3-10/1625
You will see that the Export options have changed and that there is a “Export with current Y axis orientation” checkbox (which is on by default, see screenshot).
This makes sure your data is exported correctly.
Best,
Federico

Thanks - this works well now! The other issue I described at first is that, when importing a label map, it will only import to frame ‘1’ of a video, even if you are on a different frame number. Is there an option to open a label map in a frame other than ‘1’?

Hi Oscar, we are working on this. For the time being, please refer to my first post and uncheck the option “Export only labelled images of multi-image datasets”.
Will post here again once this issue is sorted out.
Best Regards,
Federico