Automatic Alignment usage in the SDK

Hello,

My name is Christian Logarbo, and I am an engineer working for a hospital system. We are using RecFusion Pro to scan foot impressions to make orthotics for patients. We’re using 2 Intel D435 cameras with a turntable and don’t use the color functionality. Our process is working well currently, and we would like to use the SDK to make a wizard to help train others. We have found the cleaning and cropping functions but could not find the automatic alignment function as seen in the attached photo. I wanted to inquire what would be the easiest way to emulate this using the SDK.

Thank you for all your help and please let me know if there is any information I could provide you with.

Best,
Christian Logarbo

Hi Christian,

the plane alignment functionality is not available in the RecFusion SDK. However you can implement this easily using open source libraries such as Open3D. Have a look at this example from their documentation. Once you’ve estimated the plane you can rotate your model in such a way to make the normal parallel to your up-axis.